Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fight Gone... AWESOME!!

Yesterday's WOD at CrossFit Fortis was one called "Fight Gone Bad", in this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. After the completion of all stations a 1 minute break is taken.  This is repeated 3 times.




The stations are:
Wall-ball: 14 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull: 55 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
Push-press: 55 pounds (Reps)
Row: calories (Calories)

The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

I had horrible memories of this workout!!  The last time I did it, I DIED!  I remember only knocking out 5 or so reps of Push Press on the last round.  Mind you that was well over a year ago and I'm much fitter than I was then.

 I went in with a solid game plan and set my goals high!  I wanted to get a score over 350 (last time I got 315), so I believed this was entirely attainable.

3-2-1.. GO!

First the wallballs!  They went up like balloons, awesome.  I was able to get 34 up in the first round!
Then onto SDHP - they were easier than I ever remembered.
Boxjumps SUCKED and were painful, but again, I was able to get 30 without any issues!
Push Press -  These were by far the easiest part of the workout, loved them
Row- I used the row as an active rest, never pushing too hard, as I wanted to be rested before the next round.

Now, I normally push myself extremely hard, but I must say that during this workout I was pushed beyond my normal limits by one thing (or should I say ONE PERSON).  Throughout the workout I had Corey (my amazing boyfriend) in my sights!  Through the workout we were going rep for rep on the push press and the SDHP and I must say that the sight of him giving it all he had pushed me to give that little bit extra.  Maybe it was how hard he was pushing himself, or maybe it was my competitive nature, but I just wanted to keep pace with him.  He always motivates me!!  As the ladies know, Corey is pretty easy on the eyes, and the fact that he had forgotten his shirt at home, may have contributed to my fixation on him ;)  Shirt or no shirt, Corey helped me push harder than ever before!

OLD FGB SCORE: 315

* NEW FGB SCORE: 413!!!!!!!!!  ONLY 11 POINTS OFF ELITE CROSSFIT ATHLETE KRISTIN CLEVER'S SCORE OF 424.

* COREY'S SCORE 442!!




No comments:

Post a Comment